As promised in my previous post, here is my personal finance summary.
What is net worth? From Wikipedia: Net worth is the total assets minus total outside liabilities of an individual or a company. Put another way, net worth is what is owned minus what is owed. In business it is often used in the context of fraudulent law and on the dissolution of the company.
- During the last 6 months my assets value increased by +16.20%
- Net Worth increased by +27.13%
- Liabilities decreased by -1.26%
I am quite satisfied with the results. The projected increase for the whole year seems to be at least as good as it was in the last year. I am hoping it will be even more thanks to larger passive income, however seems that the average monthly income from freelance projects has not been as good as last year (more about this in the next chapter).
My income includes monthly salary, passive income from investments and income from freelance/side projects.
- My average monthly income has decreased by -1.18%
- My average monthly passive income has increased by +477% (from on an average 55.6€ to 322€)
Numbers don’t lie. Passive income has increased a lot, however normal income has decreased. It is not from my day job as I got rise at the beginning of the year, and passive income has increased also, so the culprit is income from freelance projects. This is somewhat explainable as there is less work in the spring/summer months and a little bit more in autumn.
- My average monthly expenses have decreased by -24.28%
Not much to say. I am very pleased to see that I have managed to decrease my average expenses that was also one of my goals for 2015.
- Portfolio size has increased by +58.89% (through new investments and reinvested income)
- The ROI of all investments was +7.20% at the time of writing the post. The calculation is made by dividing all asset class net profit by total invested money. This is not by far the best or correct method, however, it is easy and gives at least for me a suitable reference point.
As I have stated before, I am not investing into P2P loans or real estate backed loans or capital, but looking dividend stock bargains (to balance out my portfolio) or accumulating the cash (waiting for the next correction). I will most probably fill my 2015 goal (that is to invest as much capital as previous year), but I will prefer stock or less risky backed loans.
Till the next time! Have a great summer! If you have any thoughts or questions related to this post or topic or want to share your progress, please feel free to comment.