August was almost as good as previous month. Income from advertisements has started to climb again – summer vacations are over. The biggest disappointment was Bondora interest income that has dropped slightly (Moneyzen, Mintos and Estateguru increase has compensated the drop). I don’t know jet why, it might be some coincident, lets see what happens next month, if the income has not increased, I will analyze the situation and try to the cause.
My passive income increased by +0.11€ to total of 306.99€. The P2P loan interest income was 213.72€ (-0.84€), advertisement income correspondingly 66.69€ (+1.02€), income from real estate lending sites 26.58€ (+1.80€), dividend income 0€. This makes my rolling average passive income rate to expenses 23.03% (+3.54%).
I guess that everybody read about the market correction that happened in August. Before the correction I managed to sell my SPY position and during the correction I bought few foreign dividend stocks/ETF’s through IB. I Also invested in some Estonian real estate loan projects. More about the investments bellow:
- I wrote a post about opening account at IB and therefore I sold my SPY position (3SPY) at LHV Broker. I earned +105.24€ from the price increase and strong USD
- I bought 13 EXSA (iShares STOXX Europe 600) stock. Why? The price was attractive and I decided to gain some experience investing in EU markets. I wanted to play safe and decided to buy index etf. The costs are low and first dividend payment should come in September
- I bought 25 NOV (National Oilwell Varco Inc.) stock. This is a little bit of a gamble as the oil prices can drop more, however, I hope that in the longterm the prices will go higher again. Also the price as attractive and the company has a track record of paying dividends. A first dividend should also come in September
- I reinvested my Estateguru earnings into “Uue-Kastani Villa” project. I had some money from previous interest payments and one project premature return, so I decided to give a go.
- I also decided to participate in Crowdestate “Kopli tee 44, Peetri” project. I wondered long before I took the decision. I am a little bit afraid of the market situation in the future, however the location is good and if the project manages to raise the capital without a bank loan, then it is possible to rent out the apartments if the market will go down